Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly has submitted a letter of resignation to Defense Secretary Mark Esper.
The Southern Nevada State Veterans Home in Boulder City has confirmed two additional cases, bringing the total number of infections at the facility to six.
President Donald Trump said Capt. Brett E. Crozier made a mistake when he sent a memo to several people laying out his concerns about the crew and the virus.
The Pentagon said all individuals on military installations are required to wear the masks or face coverings if they can’t maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing.
His firing comes amid pressure on the military as it seeks to step up its response to the coronavirus outbreak.
Jerome Countess, a Silver Star recipient in World War II and a longtime supporter of the Las Vegas Jewish Federation, died March 18 at University Medical Center after a fall in his Summerlin home. He was 99.
Only essential personnel and people already living on base will be allowed to enter starting Monday
Eleven employees of the Veterans Affairs of Southern Nevada Healthcare System have tested positive for COVID-19 as of Wednesday night, according to a spokesman for the organization.
Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly said that other sailors will remain on board in order to continue to protect the ship and run critical systems.
U.S. Pacific Fleet commander Adm. John Aquilino told reporters on Tuesday that the Navy is working to get as many sailors as possible on shore
The person had tested positive for COVID-19 and had been hospitalized since March 21.
The 86-year-old man was one of four new deaths announced Saturday morning by the Southern Nevada Health Department, bringing the state’s total to 14.
The new cases bring the total for Washoe County up to 25, including current cases and those who’ve recovered, according to a statement from the health district.
A service member from the NATO military alliance tested positive for the novel coronavirus, Nellis Air Force Base announced Thursday.
Nellis officials announced Monday on Facebook that only Air Force personnel would have access to the Air Force base commissary. By Tuesday morning the posts had been deleted.